Book a room
This course is suitable for anyone who has an interest in wine and would like to know more about the different wine styles, food and wine pairing and the correct way to store and serve wine. As this is an introductory course, no prior knowledge is needed.
|Residential Course Dates
Residential Course Dates
Monday 18th to Tuesday 19th August
Residential course at a glance
From £400 per person
Please call us on 01635 528770 to book
Day Course Dates
1. Professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
2. Introduction to wine
3. Introduction to wine tasting – taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to tasting
4. Wine service and storage – learn the correct way to store, serve wine & recognise common faults found in wine
5. Social responsibility – a guide to sensible drinking
6. Types and styles of wine – learn about what makes wine different
7. Grape varieties – learn about the characteristics and styles of wine
8. Introduction to food and wine matching
9. Number of wines tasted – a minimum of nine wines
10. Study material – WSET Level 1 Award in Wine study guide
11. Duration of course – 1 day inclusive of examination
12. Examination – 30 multiple choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes
13. Certification - all students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
*Payment is to be made in full at the time of booking the course. This is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The Vineyard reserves the right to cancel the course should there be less than six people booked on the course at any one time. For registration purposes, you are advised to book to attend a WSET course at least 12 working days in advance of the start date of the course.