WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits - Intensive Weekend Course
This informative and structured course is run over a weekend and is ideal for enthusiastic amateurs and those looking to enter the wine industry. The course covers the major grape varieties, regions of the world, food and wine pairing, sparkling wines, fortified wines and the major spirits.
The course runs on a weekend from Friday evening to Sunday evening.
Please note that is an intensive weekend course and study is required prior to the course.
Price per person - £1,050*
Price per person (non-resident) - £669
Please call us at least one month in advance on 01635 589407 to reserve your place.
|2015 Intensive Weekend Course Dates
- 5th, 6th and 7th June
- 2nd, 3rd and 4th October
The fee of £1,050 per person includes:
- Two nights in a Luxury Double room with breakfast
- Professional tuition for the weekend by a WSET- Certified Tutor including tasting up to 44 wines and four spirits
- Four course dinner and matching wines in our restaurant on Friday and Saturday
- Finger buffet lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Wine tasting kit, study pack, textbook, moleskin journal, tasting card
- examination fees
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate
- Examination - 50 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 1 hour
- A mark of 55% required to pass
- All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
If you would prefer not to stay overnight with breakfast, the price person is £669.
- Wine tasting using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching
- Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wines
- Social Responsibility – a guide to sensible drinking
- Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Study the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine in the vineyard and winery
- Learn about the different grape varieties and styles of wines produced by the key international and regionally important grape varieties
- Key white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Other varieties: Albariño, Chenin Blanc, Gewurztraminer, Muscadet, Pinot Gris/Grigio, Semillon, Torrontés, Trebbiano and Verdicchio
- Key black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Grenache, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Other varieties: Barbera, Carmenère, Gamay, Malbec, Montepulciano, Nebbiolo, Pinotage, Primitivo, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and Zinfandel
- Learn about the key wine-producing regions of the world Regions of the world - France, Germany, Italy, Spain, USA, Argentina, Chile, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Taste up to 44 wines and 4 spirits during the course
- Duration of course - 3 days inclusive of exam
- We strongly recommended 12 hours additional private study, the majority of which is done in preparation for the course*
Please call us on 01635 589407 to reserve your place
*Payment is to be made in full at the time of booking the course. This is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The Vineyard reserves the right to cancel the course should there be less than six people booked on the course at any one time. For registration purposes, and to allow study material to be delivered, you are advised to book to attend a WSET course at least 20 working in advance of the start date of the course.
**Subject to availability. Based on two people sharing a Luxury Double room. Single supplements apply.