WSET Level 3 Award in Wines and Spirits
Perfect for wine enthusiasts, this detailed and structured course is run over 5 days (4 weeks) and provides a detailed analysis of the principal wines and spirits of the world. You’ll also develop your analytical tasting skills in an in-depth tasting where you’ll learn to identify product style and quality. During intense studying, we’ll treat you to a relaxing three course lunch with matching wines each day.
We recommend that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits before progressing to the Level 3 Award.
At a Glance
- Stay the night in a Luxury Double room
on any of the course dates for £229**
- Enjoy a 5 course discovery dinner with
matching wines on any of the course dates for £94 per person
- Enjoy complimentary use of our tranquil spa during your stay.
Please call us on 01635 528770 to book
Course dates and times
2015 dates coming soon
Course at a glance
- Gain an internationally recognised qualification
- We recommend that students complete the Level 2 Award in Wines & Spirits
- Professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- 5 day course with examination
- 3 course lunch with matching wines on each day
- Taste up to 76 wines and 6 spirits.
5 day course - £675 per person*
Please call us on 01635 589407 to book
The fee of £675 per person includes:
- study pack, textbook and tasting card
- Up to 76 wines and six spirits
- three course lunch in our restaurant with matching wines
- professional WSET tuition by WSET-Certified Tutor
- examination fees
- Six ISO tasting glasses
- Internationally recognised WSET qualification certificate
- The examination comprises of two parts: Part one will be a combined theory paper consisting of a 50 question multiple-choice section and a five question short answer written section. Part two will be a blind tasting of two wines.
- A mark of 55% required to pass
- All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
- Taste, describe and analyse wines using the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching
- Social Responsibility – a guide to sensible drinking
- Learn how to decode and understand labels
- Learn about the production factors influencing the style, quality and price of wine from vineyard to bottling
- Learn about the styles of light wines produced in the key wine regions & districts of the world: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Austria, Germany, Hungary, Greece, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, North and South America
- Learn about the methods of sparkling wine production and the main styles from the key wine producing countries: France, Spain, Italy, Germany, New World - Australia, California, New Zealand, South Africa
- Learn about the methods of fortified wine production and the main styles from the key wine producing countries: Spain, Portugal, France, Australia
- Learn about the methods of spirit and liqueur production and the main categories and styles: Brandy, Whiskies, Rum, Tequila, Vodka, Gin and other flavoured spirits and liqueurs
- Taste up to 76 wines and 6 spirits during the course
- Duration of the course – 5 days inclusive of exam
- We recommend 56 hours additional private study for this course, the majority of which should be done in preparation for the course*
Please call us on 01635 528770 to book
*Payment is to be made in full at the time of booking the course. This is non-refundable and non-transferrable. The Vineyard reserves the right to cancel the course should there be less than six people booked on the course at any one time. For registration purposes, and to allow study material to be delivered, you are advised to book to attend a WSET course at least 12 working days in advance of the start date of the course.
**Subject to availability. Based on two people sharing a Luxury Double room. Single supplements apply.