The World of Wine -The Basics and Beyond
Friday 23rd to Sunday 25th August
The world of wine encapsulated into a weekend! Director of Wine, James Hocking, will get you tasting bottles from around the globe in a relaxed, yet educational manner.
Sparkling, white, and red masterclasses will showcase a range of styles from traditional to cutting-edge, with a fortified tasting showing just how versatile port, madeira, and sherry can be. Discover what’s new, what’s a bargain at the moment, and what bottle to have at that special meal.
This is a WSET Level 1 course and will cover:
- the main types of wine available today
- grapes - both the established classics and some interesting new arrivals
- how to taste like a pro
- the savvy shoppers guide - how to interpret the supermarket offers and end up with real deals!
- matching food and wine, plus planning the perfect dinner party
- Wine glasses, decanters, storing and all the other bits surrounding wine... apart from wine!
Your break at a glance:
- two nights in a luxurious suite
- a relaxed supper with two wines per course in our California Bar
- tour of our 30,000 bottle cellars
- interactive wine masterclasses on Saturday
- a five course dinner with perfectly paired wines
- a leisurely Schramsberg brunch
- use of spa facilities throughout your stay.
Price - from £799 per room*
Call us to book on 01635 528770.
*Subject to availability. Based on two people sharing a Luxury Double room.