Finding the time to do everything that we know that we should do is so tricky in today’s busy world. Spa Manager Kirsty Hughes offers some must-have beauty resolutions from her vast experience.
We are always trying to juggle time for ourselves amongst work, children, partners, housework and more, often with ourselves coming last on the list. Sometimes though we have to put our foot down and so my first beauty resolution is to allow some more time for myself and below are some things I am going to do:
1) Drink more water – the key to everything – skin, weight, energy – and still I don’t drink enough. So I have set myself the target of drinking at least one litre of water a day – it should be more than this – but I am setting myself thisgoal first that I know I can reach.
2) Give my body some moisture – I am very good with my facial skincare while my body gets completely neglected. My tip is to get a product that makes this process as quick as possible. Darphin’s Perfecting Lotion £28 is perfect as it is a gelcreme so is very quickly absorbed meaning you can get dressed straight away. Idealy this should happen every day in reality I am going to set myself the target of twice a week as this is better than not at all.
3) Not neglect my feet even though it’s Winter- when my feet aren’t on show in sandals they always come last on the beauty priority list as I am not a fan of trying to bend into strange positions to do the cuticles, file and paint etc. As I really dislike doing my own, I am going to have some pampering and have a Deluxe Pedicure (£50) where I will have a relaxing massage, paraffin mask and beautifully manicured toes.
4) Use an oil every night – At the moment especially with the cold and central heating, serum and moisturiser alone are just not cutting it. A few drops of oil before I put on the moisturiser makes such a difference. My skin feels softer and more radiant and best of all I use less cream as I don’t need as much for my skin to feel moisturised. Darphin has a range of face oils starting from £44 that for me are the best as they are true dry oils so will definitely not cause any breakouts that I have found happen with other face oils.
5) Treat myself more – I know how good I feel after having a treatment, and to be honest it can be any treatment, because just the act of having some time for just me with no interruptions is bliss. Below are my suggestions if you are short on time:
Grape Body Polish 25mins £45 – gives your body some attention and as some of the strokes are similar to those used in a massage, it feels tension releasin and gives you soft skin.
Conditioning head massage 25mins £45 – this works on the tops of the shoulders, neck and head everyones main tension areas and the coconut oil really conditions hair so you get the added benefit of soft hair.
Hot Back Massage 25mins £55 – great in all this cold weather to feel the heat of the stones warming up the muscles and joints and easing out all that tension that life brings.
Whatever your resolutions are, make sure that you do one that will give you some pampering as we all deserve it. As Buddha said “To keep the body in good health is a duty… otherwise we shall not be able to keep our mind strong and clear”.